Holding Accountant & Controller
Holding Accountant & Controller
You will be part of the Belgian finance team and will report to the Finance Director Belgium. You will be responsible for the monthly closing & reporting for the holding entities, including budget and business plan reporting.
- Preparation and completion of the accounting records for all holding entities in compliance with IFRS and local GAAP (Belgian GAAP & Lux GAAP). Holding entities are mainly seated in Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. AR, AP & banks are booked by the respective departments.
- The payroll accounting is outsourced to payroll companies. Responsible for payroll controlling of all holding employees including business planning.
- Monthly closing including FLASH-reporting of all holding companies which is timely, accurate and complete in our accounting system ORACLE.
- Intercompany reconciliation for all holding entities. Support to group consolidation manager to facilitate the intercompany process and related improvements for both actuals and planning.
- Subconsolidation of holding entities.
- Monthly analysis and reporting of consolidated cost centers of all holding entities to budget holders, Executive Committee members and Group CFO.
- Up-to-date closing file including balance sheet reconciliations and variances analyses.
- Yearly disclosure reporting for all holding companies (IFRS disclosures)
- Managing the external audits of all holding entities.
- Preparing and filing annual accounts and related statistics for all holding entities.
- Preparation and filing of monthly VAT returns.
- Corporate income tax filings in close corporation with Group tax Manager.
- Maintaining an up to date recharge model in line with transfer pricing policies and related transactions in actuals and planning. Preparing and sending of recharges of holding costs to applicable entities within the Euroports Group conform transfer pricing documentation.
- Responsible for the planning process of the holding entities: this includes forecasts, budget, business plan. This responsibility includes the set-up, planning and execution of the planning process under supervision of the Belgian finance director and Group finance. This requires interaction with all cost center holders, mainly executive members and group IT,
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date description of holding accounting activities and procedures including closing checklists and related controls.
- Mindset for continuous improvements/ efficiency.
- Accounting for cash centralization which includes weekly cash forecasting for all companies.
- Assist in preparation of ad hoc management requests and projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10-year experience amongst others in corporate accounting.
- Strong IT skills: being able to work closely with IT to solve related finance/ IT issues.
- Knowledge of accounting and tax law.
- Experience in preparation of monthly financial reporting including preparing and posting accounting journals and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Experience with consolidation of entities.
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate to senior management
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Ability to adapt to an unstructured working environment.
- High integrity, being able to deal with confidential matters.
- Accounting (ERP) and consolidation software
- Tax accounting including transfer pricing, VAT, payroll tax.
- Strong Microsoft office skills