Business Development Manager
Business development manager
Kallo 'Linkeroever' Port of Antwerp
Looking for a new challenge as business development manager within the world of maritime logistics? Be sure to read on!
Euroports is a leading international transport and logistics service provider. Our core service package includes terminals, transport services, freight forwarding and contract logistics in a number of industries. With 23 port terminal operations we are one of the largest port operators in continental Europe and have various locations in Latin America and China. Our head office is located in Belgium, in Kallo.
We are currently looking for business development manager to support the growth of our maritime and terminal operations in Belgium.
- Works in close cooperation with key internal stakeholders (Customer Service, Terminal/Transport Management, IT and Finance) to develop and sell customer solutions in the best possible way (profitability and service reliability). Once sold, the BDM holds responsibility for a successful hand over to operations
- Ensures operations delivers against the service promised
- Ensures, after the implementation of the customer solution, that customer service is managing the solution on a day-to-day basis and account management becomes responsible for the management of the customer relationship
- Identifies and develops new profitable growth opportunities with new customers and for new solutions with existing customers
- Leads contract negotiations and signs agreements
- Collaborates with colleagues in other divisions and/or countries to maximize the sales potential with new customers or solutions
- Contributes to the development and implementation of group industry and country sales plans
- Delivers the revenue to meet annual financial targets for new customers and new projects for existing customers
- Develops new profitable volumes from new customers
- Identifies opportunities to develop new services or solutions that will generate incremental profitable growth
- Drives innovation and the development of new customer solutions
- Constantly seeks to improve profitability / yield and to diversify our commercial offering
- Develops a thorough understanding of target customers and their industries and is alert to changes which could affect the business and wider Group.
- Good understanding of how industrial customers are organized
- Experience in the logistics industry is a plus
- At least 5 years consultative selling experience in a business-to-business service environment
- Exceptional business development/sales skills
- Passion to identify, develop and close profitable contracts
- Ability to identify, engineer and ensure that customer supply chain solutions are developed, sold and implemented in cooperation with key stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good communicator on different levels of an organization
- Customer and service oriented
- Hands-on problem solver
- Great international networker
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Any additional language is a plus.
- Educated to higher education or university level
- We offer a full-time position in an international environment
- An attractive remuneration package supplemented with extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance and a bonus plan
- A company car and fuel card
- Working in a dynamic and fascinating business environment