Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager
Direct, manage and coordinate customer service activities and manage communication to logistics, warehouse & transportation departments. Lead and direct strategic planning for logistics and customer service. Your goal will be to provide world class customer service to our clients by developing effective customer service procedures, implementing customer loyalty programs, and setting customer satisfaction goals.
To qualify for the role, the ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a customer service position, with excellent knowledge of the latest industry trends and techniques. In addition to being an excellent communicator (written and verbal), you will also demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise day-to-day operations in the customer service department.
- Respond to customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Remains current on developments in the field.
- Assist and/or reviews numerous projects within assigned area of responsibility.
- Reviews contracts pertaining to customers in the terminal to ensure business remains profitable.
- Create effective customer service procedures, policies and standards.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of TA1207 customer service department.
- Assess service statistics and prepare detailed reports on your findings.
- Provide analysis as needed, in particular for pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Maintain accurate records and document all customer service activities and discussions.
- Hire and train new customer service representatives.
- Cooperate closely with operational departments.
- Achieves customer service objectives by
- Contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Preparing and completing action plans;
- Implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards;
- Resolving problems;
- Completing audits;
- Identifying customer service trends;
- Determining system improvements;
- Implementing change.
- Meets customer service financial objectives by forecasting requirements ; preparing an annual budget ; scheduling expenditures ; analyzing variances ; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting operational environments; conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information and applications.
- Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Maximizes customer operational performance by providing help desk resources and technical advice; resolving problems; disseminating advisories, warnings, and new techniques; detecting and diagnosing network problems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Reports to Terminal Manager.
- Degree in Business or Transportation/Logistics Management preferred
Experience / specific knowledge:
- A minimum of 10 years in customer service and logistics environment
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team.
- Planning and Organizing: Establish a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals; plan and prioritize proper assignments of personnel and/or appropriate allocation of resources.
- Leadership: Utilize appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding individuals/department (peers, superiors) or groups toward task accomplishment. Consistently adhere to Euroports’ policies and procedures and be a positive example for others by demonstrating the Company’s values.
- Analysis: Identify problems and/or cause-effect relationships; identify key issues; secure relevant information from all appropriate sources; identify possible root causes of problems and develop and implement corrective actions for resolution of problems.
- Sound Judgment: Make decisions and/or take action based on logical assumptions derived from factual information gathered; seek out information from established policies and procedures and/or knowledge experts; seek input from others.
- Effective and Professional Communication: Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, employees, customers and vendors; clearly and effectively communicate both orally and in writing, using good grammatical form, on general issues, as well as on technical issues pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Computer Applications: Operate a computer at a functional level as it relates to software programs utilized. Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
- Mathematics: Apply good math skills for calculating and conversion work.
- Integrity: Maintaining and promoting social, ethical and organizational values when conducting internal and external activities.
- Initiative: Actively attempts to influence events to achieve goals; does not wait to be told but is a self-starter who takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required. Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients and vendors.
- Teamwork/Cooperation: Works effectively with team/work group, as well as with other departments and/or outside contractors/agencies to accomplish organizational goals; takes action that respect the needs and contributions of others; takes responsibility for actively participating and contributing to team efforts; supports a team consensus or decision; acts as team facilitator when appropriate.
- People Management: Has strong people management and interpersonal skills. Has a proven track record in this field.
- Customs formalities: Has extensive knowledge of customs regulations that apply on TA 1207 processes and remains up to date of any changes within the legislation.
- Proficient in Dutch, French, English and German.