Ready for your next challenge? Are you passionate about ports, transport and the international supply chain?
Send us your interesting CV and let’s see if we match.
In this function you will ensure the terminal(s) operate(s) within a sound control framework and execute(s) an effective performance management process. Also ensure decision makers in the terminal are equipped to understand how their decisions impact cash, cost and value generation.
Finance team leadership
- Member of the terminal leadership team
- Maintain excellent relationships with country HO, terminal team
- Performance Management
- Apply Business analytics: KPI’s, value drivers
- Collaborate with other parts of Finance, in particular other terminal controllers, Finance Operations, HO and other functions to ensure integration, delivery and aligned prioritization of terminal initiatives
- Governance, Risk and Assurance
- IFRS and Local statutory accounting input
- Liaise with external auditors if and as required
- Lead the planning & control cycle in the terminal: monthly reporting and analysis and related corrective actions, quarterly forecast and annual budget process
- Performance management: Support financial and operational performance appraisal for the terminal, focusing on cost and cash, as well as on operational drivers, such as Damage and Claims, Maintenance and Repair, Operational Efficiencies. Support both performance transparency and support selection of interventions in a cost and capex constraint environment. Maintain alignment between and focus on key performance indicators and bottom line results. Support local exco reporting.
- Support value management in the asset, ensuring priorities and deliverables are linked to value and cash generation.
- Provide value insight to strategy reviews, BP processes, project milestone, contract management and formal approvals of GIPs and PCNs
- Participate in continuous improvement projects with focus on bottom line impact for the Terminal
- Support preparation of terminal financial forecasts and plans. Ensure integrity of the terminal planning & target setting processes, supporting the development of credible, affordable and competitive business plans and budgets. Ensure benchmarking is used within the terminal to set competitive targets
- Understand the Risk Management Process and work with the business to identify and mitigate long and short-term risks and opportunities.
- Participate in contract management activities from strategy definition to Contract Board approval.
- Engage with Commercial to support deals and ensure value optimization and alignment between technical and financial aspects of agreements.
- Commercial acumen and strong business partnering focus. Challenges the Business/Function to think through strategic issues and value opportunities. Demonstrates the courage to influence and co-lead the business by bringing analytics and insights to the table, speaking up about risks and creating focus on value.
- Deep understanding of the impact of external trends and competition on the terminal.
- Strong initiator of cross-Business/Function and/or external collaborative efforts with bottom line focus.
- Proven demonstration of change management behaviours: e.g. building relationships, influencing course of action, flexible thinking, yielding creative solutions, commercial mindset, self-starter, courageous.
- Solid business/finance understanding with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience of supporting risk and assurance management; Contracting and Procurement exposure preferable.
- Preferably academic education in Finance or related subject
- Strong knowledge and experience in IFRS and consolidation accounting
- Strong Microsoft office knowledge and experience.
- Solid communication and presentation experience and skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
This is a hands-on role and requires the candidate to have a ‘can do’ attitude.
Euroports as a company is investing continuously. We offer our employees chances to develop themselves within Euroports via training courses internally and externally. We are a close team with a yes-mentality every day. We offer a salary package with several fringe benefits (meal vouchers, insurance hospitalization, group insurance, …)
Ready to take this next step in your career? Send us your application!