Case Study Südzucker
- Liberalisation of the sugar market
- Increased production volumes
- Increased transhipment volumes within and outside the EU
Key benefits for the customer
- Fully integrated marine supply-chain solutions
- Direct access to world export markets from our Antwerp terminals
- Long-term commitment and reliability
- Guarantee of highest food standards (IFS)
- Economies of scale
“With 29 sugar factories and two refineries, we at Südzucker are the single biggest sugar producer in Europe. Our strategy is to continue to expand our worldwide sugar business, and to look for partners who can help facilitate our access to key markets. We have found one such partner in Euroports. Together, we have designed solutions that will help us both meet the needs of the market.
The specialised terminals that Euroports operates in France and Belgium meet the highest operating standards and are equipped with state-of-the-art handling equipment that cuts the time from unloading to packaging and loading, and with a minimum chance of contamination. The recently obtained IFS certification is also a strong business enabler for us. Euroports has shown time and again that it is a partner we can rely on.
Randolf Burisch, Head of the Sugar Business Unit at Südzucker